What is a "radiator" ball valve?
Among the many ball valves presented on the Ukrainian market, angle valves have a specific application, due to their design features. It lies in the fact that the crane combines three important functions:
- opening/closing of the duct
- changing the direction of the pipeline by 90 degrees
- the possibility of quick installation / dismantling due to the “American” coupling combined with the body with a union nut.
Thanks to the combination of these features DN 15mm angle ball valve is ideal for the installation of heating radiators with a ½ inch pipe thread connection.
That is why in everyday life this type of ball valves is called "radiator". It is worth noting that these valves cannot be used to adjust the flow area - they are designed to work only in two positions - "open" or "closed". Of course, this set of functions can also be implemented using separate fittings (ball valve + elbow + “American” coupling), but this option will be more expensive in cost, less reliable due to the large number of connections and more time-consuming during installation, especially if it is necessary to install a large number of heating radiators.
Since radiator ball valves are installed in central heating systems, they are subject to increased reliability requirements:
- maximum nominal bore for each type of diameter (15,20 and 25mm)
- brass as material for body, ball and stem
- galvanic coating of brass surfaces to prevent their darkening during operation.
All these requirements are met by a novelty manufactured by our company - an angular ball valve DN 15mm, which will soon go on sale in our offices in Kiev , Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk .